Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Highway Dirtbikes Handguards

New Handguards.

Since I am not interested in breaking a lever, master cylinder, or my hand out in the middle of nowhere, I thought it best to get some good handguards. The notable features of these Highway Dirtbikes guards (http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=display&ref=splash) for me is the mode of attachment (a threaded insert in the bar end, and mounted to a replacement HDB top clamp) and the sweet integrated flip out mirrors. This system is exceptionally well engineered and designed, and everything fit together perfectly with minimal fuss. It comes with everything you need, including two sets of shields (one black, one white), all the hardware, and a tap to thread the bars.

The quality of the whole deal is only made better by the high level of customer service. I ordered the wrong top clamp, and Paul sent out a new one immediately after refunding my payment and before I could get the wrong one back in the mail.

Impressive to say the least. Yes, they cost more, but they are worth it.

Fresh threads.

The insert.

Solidly connected. No twisting, no spinning.

The integrated mirrors flip out when you want to
see whats behind you, and they work really well.


HDB top clamp, with the guards secured.